Thursday, December 2, 2010

Weekly Blog Post #2

I've been slacking terribly on these blogs. I'm going to attempt to finish as many as I can and hopefully get some points from them, but it is my own fault as to the frequency these seem to come out at.

It seems like heroin is becoming a big problem around the la crosse area, well possibly not a huge problem, but a problem none the less. To me it seems like people are dropping like fly's from one of the most dangerous drugs. You hear about it in the news, the drug dealers getting sentenced for negligible homicide for selling the drugs.

Now I understand that being a drug dealer isn't a legal profession. I understand that drugs are dangerous. The people that are shooting up the drugs, they have to know the danger's from it. So why do they do it? Why do they shoot up liquid death? I think its wrong for people to point the finger at the drug dealer becuase he sold the drugs. He knows what he is doing is wrong, but the people who are buying the drugs and are using them, they are at fault, he's not shooting up for them, he's just giving them the means.

Think about it like this, is Gander Mountain going to be arrested for negligible homicide because a hunter accidently shot a person and that person died? No. So its a valiant effort to come down on the drug dealer, but its a wasted one, becuase honestly, they should have better means as to sentencing dealers and proper punishments for the crime. Giving someone a sentence for selling an item to someone KNOWING the dangers is ludacris in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment